Beyond Boulder Guided Bike Trail Ride
Immerse yourself in the exquisite natural beauty found just beyond Boulder’s bustling downtown. Get a taste of Boulder’s colorful history as you cruise through town, then ride breathtaking natural-surface trails suitable for all levels of cycling experience. Reward yourself for getting off (and up!) the beaten path with a tasty beverage at an historic lodge nestled deep in the woods.
- Best time to travel – Year-round, subject to availability
- Activity level – Moderate
- Riding distance – 9 mi (14km)
- Price – From $109 USD per person. Fat tire bikes available for an additional $25 USD per person
- Minimum 2 participants
- Maximum 10 participants
- Friendly tour guide who can provide historic and ecological information about the area, cycling tips, basic bike adjustments and repairs. Guides available for Spanish-speaking groups, upon request.
- Bike rental, helmet and lock
- 3 1/2 – 4 hour tour
- Snack en route
What’s Not Included
- Beverages purchased at lodge
- Biking gloves, winter gear, other clothing or accessories, but please let us know if you are having trouble and we’ll try to help! You can also rent hats, gloves, thermal underwear (all good layers for winter riding), and more from Mountain Threads (https://mountainthreads.com/) and have it delivered to your accommodations if needed.
- Optional gratuities
What to Expect
- Tour departure time: 10:00 am
- Operates rain or shine!
- Elevation – The ride begins at 5,328 ft (1,624 m) and ascends to 5,774 ft (1,760 m) above sea level. Elevation gain of 446 feet
- Activity Level – Moderate – As long as you are comfortable on a bicycle and enjoy a little challenge, this ride is for you! While the ride does include some dirt trails, you do not need prior mountain biking experience, as the trail is wide and smooth. For Fat Biking, no prior experience riding on snow is needed, but it will be slightly more strenuous and require a “can do!” attitude. Your guide will happily provide advice to help you maximize your enjoyment of the ride
- Riding Pace – Yours! At Your Pace wouldn’t have it any other way. We plan for lots of breaks for water and sight seeing on the way up, with less on the way down, but we are happy to adjust that according to your personal interests and abilities
- Min 2; max 10
Contact us now to reserve your space!
Please follow and like us:
Get off Boulder’s beaten track, and immerse yourself in the exquisite natural beauty found just beyond Boulder’s bustling downtown on the Beyond Boulder Guided Trail Bike Ride!
Meet your guide for a bike and gear fitting and orientation. Get a taste of colorful history as you cruise through Boulder’s chic downtown and beautiful historic areas as we make our way to the edge of town. Then, treat your body to an hour of moderate cardio while riding breathtaking natural-surface trails suitable for all levels of cycling experience. Climb gradually uphill on a smooth trail through the woods, surrounded by Colorado’s Rocky Mountain wonderland. Pedal into the mountains on natural surface paths, with as many water/rest/snack/photography stops as you need.
At the top, reward yourself with a refreshing beverage at an historic lodge, nestled deep in the woods. Congratulate yourself for a ride well-done! Relax by the wooded creek, or take a dip in the hot tub or a plunge in the pool. We’ll then cruise downhill back to town. After the tour is over you might want to meander over to Boulder’s famous Pearl Street walking mall, where you can find dozens of amazing places for a post-ride drink, treat, or meal.
Bikes for this tour, including helmet and lock (included in tour price):
*Fat Bike available for an additional $25 per person